Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
A Phase I Environmental Site Assessment is an integral part of any commercial real estate transaction. The Phase I Environmental report provides an analysis of a property's past and current uses, and outlines any environmental conditions that may pose a liability for the current property owner or prospective purchaser.
To stay environmentally compliant in the California region, please get in touch with us.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Reports—Your Trusted Source
Anyone who plans to buy or sell commercial real estate should obtain a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment. Such environmental inspections are an important requirement to protect prospective purchasers from environmental liability. The Phase I Environmental Site Assessment will analyze the risks associated with a property and identify any potential environmental cleanup needed on and around the property. Getting an accurate environmental report is essential to protect both the owner and the investor/prospective purchaser.
For example, a Phase One Environmental Assessment in Los Angeles (also referred to as Phase I, or Phase One, Environmental Site Assessment) will examine whether there may be hazardous chemicals or petroleum products in the soil or groundwater under a property. These substances may also migrate up through the floor of a structure and create an indoor health threat.
Andersen offers highly professional environmental inspectors to prepare Phase I Environmental reports for clients in Los Angeles and nationwide. Andersen’s environmental professionals conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) and ASTM 1527-13 standards; that means following the guidance of the ASTM Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments (E-1527-13), the EPA All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) Standard, and for HUD funded projects the HUD Multifamily accelerated process (MAP) 223(f) requirements including the completion of HUD Form 4128.
Andersen’s environmental professionals have conducted thousands of environmental assessments throughout the United States, assessing a wide variety of properties. Andersen’s Phase I Environmental clientele include banks, developers, public redevelopment agencies, universities, real estate brokers, investors, the SBA, brownfields developers, and more. The Los Angeles-based Andersen can serve clients who need environmental inspections all across the country.
Andersen Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Services
- Rapid report completion time
- EPA All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) and ASTM E1527-13 compliance
- HUD & SBA compliance as applicable
- Federal, State, and local regulatory database search
- Site inspection completed by an experienced environmental consultant
- Comprehensive review of historical information including building permits, aerial photographs, city directories, Sanborn maps, topographic maps, and other resources
- Interview with regulatory agencies, tenants, and neighbors (as available)
- Vapor Encroachment Screening using ASTM Standard E2600-10
- A complete report fully documenting all research activity and providing conclusions and recommendations
- Report review by an experienced Environmental Professional (EP)
- Nationwide Phase I Services
Other Related Due Diligence Assessments Available
- Transaction Screen Assessment comply with ASTM E1528-14
- “Desktop” Review and SBA RSRA assessments including review of databases, historical documentation, regulatory information, etc.
- HUD & SBA compliance as applicable
- Customized assessments per client needs/requirements
- PCA – Property Condition Assessment
- SRA ” Seismic Risk Assessment